Chief Learning Officer (CLO)
The position of CLO is a new one and the responsibilities foreseen include:
· Leading the development of the educational quality management processes, and the promotion of knowledge management and impact assessment;
· Leading the development and institution of effective training strategies, as a service to countries and for use to ensure the team continues to improve through on the job training;
· Leading the institution of the use of latest technology in management of learning programmes;
· Leads/Contributes to partnership development in international learning programmes.
Day to Day Job Tasks:
· Manages the quality system including review processes for all training modules;
· Ensures that learning sessions adhere to expected quality, are engaging & memorable;
· Communicates daily with managers and team members on progress;
· Assists with learning & development for in-house team development.
CLOs will have experience in developing or delivery of training to large numbers of adult learners within a public or private institutional or higher education setting. Familiarity with education quality assurance processes is important, and with principles of Instructional Design, Mobile, Micro, Blended and Social learning. The CLO is expected to be impact-oriented and familiar with quality management processes in education design and delivery, and have an interest or experience in learning innovation in the human/animal health or agricultural sectors and delivery of learning to adults in regions with limited internet access. Experience in learning Management Systems within an organizational setting, for thousands of learners, is an advantage