Consultant – Veterinary Epidemiology
- CDD (fixed term contract) 2 years - Full time
- Salary range 45,000 € to 55,000 € gross per annum, based on skills and experience
- One Health epidemiology consulting company
- Position based in Lyon, France. Must be able to work in France.
- Excellent English communication skills essential
Ausvet is urgently seeking 3 veterinary epidemiologists to join our growing team in our European office based in Lyon. The positions are full-time fixed-term positions, supporting our broad range of consulting activities.
We work around the globe on enormously varied projects, seeking to improve the health and wellbeing of humans, terrestrial and aquatic animals, and plants, using applied epidemiology combined with complementary disciplines.
Based on our current projects (in Europe, North America and Asia), we are seeking candidates with one or more of the following areas of expertise and experience:
- epidemiological modelling using R
- management and integration of multiple complex health data sources using R and SQL
- analysis, visualisation and interpretation of antimicrobial resistance data
- experience of antimicrobial resistance surveillance and legislation within Europe
- international development programs (specifically in Indonesia and Vietnam)
- sociological approaches to understanding stakeholder needs for epidemiological information
- antimicrobial usage surveillance
- real-time antimicrobial stewardship decision-support systems
- integration of commercial animal production data
- disease surveillance (early detection surveillance approaches, demonstration of freedom)
- risk analysis
- epidemiological study design
The successful candidate will be working as part of an international team (based in Australia and France, as well as international project offices in Southeast Asia) including about 15 epidemiologists, 3 PhD students, software developers and system architects, as well as experts in sociology and statistics, and a strong support team.