The position includes:
· to develop and lead internationally competitive research within the subject
· to develop and lead teaching of students at bachelor, master and PhD levels
· supervision of PhD students
· collaboration with research groups both within SLU and externally
· maintain existing, and develop new, national and international networks and collaborations with academia, relevant stakeholders, industries and businesses as well as society in general
· disseminate research findings and contribute with relevant knowledge to society
· applying for external research funding at both national and international level administrative assignments within the university
· Be responsible for personnel and budget within the subject area.
The position includes theoretical and practical teaching as well as responsibility for research and postgraduate education in the field of veterinary epidemiology. The position entails collaboration with other units within and outside SLU to further advance organized preventive animal health care based on epidemiological principles.