We are advertising a position in Veterinary Preventative Medicine at James Cook University, Townsville Campus on the Great Barrier Reef, in tropical Queensland, Australia.
The position (ref. 17510) will contribute to the delivery and development of the relevant elements of veterinary preventative medicine within the undergraduate and postgraduate veterinary science degree program at James Cook University. You will be expected to undertake research and supervise graduate and undergraduate students research in the area of veterinary preventative medicine, with an emphasis on JCU’s four strategic research themes: of Tropical Ecosystems and Environment, Industries and Economies in the Tropics, Peoples and Societies in the Tropics and Tropical Health, Medicine and Biosecurity.
Key selection criteria are:
1. Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent qualifications, registerable in Queensland
2. Higher degree, at doctorate level or equivalent, in a relevant area of veterinary preventative medicine
3. Teaching experience at tertiary level in veterinary preventative medicine or a related area of veterinary science and commitment to quality learning and teaching
4. Research experience and research publications in veterinary preventative medicine or a related area of veterinary science in international peer-reviewed journals
5. Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working as a team member.
Further information on the job description and the application process can be found on our web-site at https://www.jcu.edu.au/careers-at-jcu/vacancies/academic-jobs