The ECVPH Resident Training Programme is a programme allowing a graduate veterinarian (“Resident”) to acquire common knowledge of and training in the concepts and principles of Veterinary Public Health and its two subspecialties, an in-depth knowledge of either of the two subspecialties, viz. population medicine or food science and their supporting disciplines, as well as the execution of a research project, all under the guidance and supervision of Diplomates of the European College.
A review of the ECVPH Curriculum was launched in 2013 using a participatory approach with an online questionnaire and a working group open to all Diplomats of the College, resulting in an updated Curriculum (see document for download below).
From January 2017 onwards, all examinations (except resits of exams first taken before 2017) will be based on the new curriculum, regardless of the date of commencement of the residency programme.
It is recommended to residents that started before December 2014 to adapt their progress reports to the new curriculum. Yet residents are not required to submit a new training programme for approval.
All examinations up to and including those taking place in 2016 will be based on the old curriculum. However, the updated Curriculum and in particular the keywords found therein will provide some useful guide for Residents examined under the old Curriculum.
Whenever a Standard Residency Programme is provided this should be done within a recognized Residency Training Institute.
Residency Training Institutes may consist out of close collaboration between Diplomates from more than one institution in the form of a consortium.The Residency Training Institutes must be approved by the Education Committee. Parts of the training may be given at other institutions/locations which offer certain facilities or services not provided by the parent institution. Co-operation with other institutions is accepted and encouraged. Each institution will be allowed a specified maximum number of Standard Residency Programmes which will be evaluated and accepted by the Education Committee. (for more details please refer to the Bylaw on the Residency Training.)
Approved Residency Training Institutes
- University of Glasgow, School of Veterinary Medicine, Boyd Orr Centre for Population and Ecosystem Health/UK - PM
- Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, The University of Edinburgh/UK - FS and PM
- Department of Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Public Health (BVF), Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala (SLU)/Sweden - FS and PM
- Faculty Veterinary Medicine of Utrecht University, The Netherlands - FS and PM
- Department of Food Hygiene and Environmental Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Finland - FS
- Vetsuisse Faculties Bern and Zürich and SAFOSO, ("Swiss Consortium"), Switzerland - FS and PM
- Department of Veterinary and Animal Science (IVH), Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (SUND), Univ. of Copenhagen/DK - PM
- University of Liverpool, Institute of Veterinary Science (IVS) and Institute of Infection and Global Health (IGH)/UK - FS and PM
Residency Programmes* and Annual Progress Reports in 2017-2018
- WINTER-TERM 2017: submission deadline >> December 1st. 2017!
- SUMMERTERM 2018: submission deadline >> June 1st. 2018!
- WINTER-TERM 2018: submission deadline >> December 1st. 2018!
* provisional Programmes may be submitted anytime (see information brochure!)
EXAM DATES in 2018 !
- 1st. TERM: application deadline >> December 1st. 2017!
WRITTEN: 4. April 2018 - ORAL: 5. or/and* 6. June 2018, Brussels/Copenhagen EU Office
- 2nd. TERM: application deadline >> June 1st. 2018!
WRITTEN: 26. September 2018 - ORAL: 27. or/and* 28. November 2018 (venue to be timely announced!)
* depending on amount of candidates!
Residents who would like to go for the exam one of these two dates please inform the education committee as soon as possible!
- Resident enrolment Fees (Euro 100,--)
to be paid on submission of the Residency Programme
- Credentials Evaluation Fees (Euro 100,--)
to be paid on submission of the the Credentials for the Exam application
- Examination Fees (Euro 300,--)
to be paid on approval of the Exam application